Can I use ngKLAST with local copies of public Blast databanks ?
Yes. ngKLAST provides you with a graphical interface over the Blast suite of softwares. With this you can:
1. prepare your personal Blast databanks out of your sequences files;
2. install locally a public sequence databank retrieved elsewhere. You can install a local copy of SwissProt, for example;
3. combine the above two options. Then, you can prepare Blast sequence databanks integrating your personal sequences with public ones.
4. install locally a pre-formatted sequence databank, such as the ones available from the NCBI,
5. run Blast searches within a few mouse clicks against the databanks installed using the above options.